Saturday, June 19, 2010

Dedication and Inspiration

This one is for my Uncle Don (1937-1987). A hero with inspiration and whose spirit is with me. Donald Marrs was a man who sought his challenge as well. A military veteran and ultimate warrior who also fought cancer to the end. He was a dedicated postman who had great and humorous stories he use to tell me. It was a young Canadian named Terry Fox (pictured below) however, that attempted a journey on one leg to raise awareness and funds for Cancer that had changed my uncles life forever. Terry had succumbed to his health early in his quest and left a lasting legacy for many. My Uncle Don (other two pictures), who heard about this mans journey, took it upon himself to carry on Terry's name in a 97 day, 2200 mile trek to also raise awareness and funds across the U.S. and achieve what many could not have fathomed while fighting Cancer himself. Both heroes and challengers in their own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment